ISTP (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving) represent one of the 16 personality types found on the Myers – Briggs Personality Indicator (MBTI). Individuals with an ISTP personality love finding time to think alone and are intensely self-reliant. Action, new adventures, hands-on tasks, and the ability to work at their own pace are all favorites of ISTPs.
- ISTPs personality are results-oriented. When a problem arises, they try to identify the root cause as soon as possible and execute a solution..
- ISTPs are drawn to new opportunities and are open to thrill-seeking and even risk-taking.
- ISTPs tend to make decisions based on rational principles rather than their own personal ideals or views.
- ISTPs are known for their cool head yet easygoing behavior toward others.
- ISTPs are not well-aware of others’ emotional states, and they can come off as cruel at times.
Popular Career Path
ISTPs excel at jobs that need them to work alone. ISTPs hate a lot of constraints and thrive in jobs that give them a lot of opportunity and autonomy. They love work that requires reasoning and hands-on knowledge because they are really logical. ISTPs, in particular, like creating activities that have real-world implications. Such as:
- Forensic science
- Computer programming
- Law enforcement
- Software engineer
- Video game designer
|Realistic and practical||Risk-taker|
|Love new things||Not fully committed|
Introverts, or ISTPs, are silent and relaxed people. New experiences enthuse them, and they despise strict routines. They are highly independent in relationships and dislike being managed. The ISTP has a hard time making promises, but can bring in a lot of effort in partnerships that hold their attention.
Want to see something weird and interesting? Click here to see animal facts on Instagram!