The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) has 16 personality types, and ESTP (Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving) is one of them. Outgoing, action-oriented, and dramatic are common characteristics of people with this personality style. ESTPs are outgoing people who love socializing with a diverse group of people. They are more concerned with the present than with the future, and they are more likely to focus on facts rather than take a broad perspective.
- ESTPs take a brief look at the evidence and come up with a quick idea. Rather than spending a lot of time training, they like to improvise.
- Abstract hypotheses and definitions aren’t really appealing to ESTPs. They are more analytical, choosing simple facts that they can rationally consider and act on right away.
- ESTPs are very perceptive, sometimes picking up on information that some overlook. Others have referred to them as “fast-talkers” who are extremely persuasive.
- ESTPs personality type is not a planner. They respond in the moment, and they can be impulsive or even reckless.
Popular Career Paths
Since ESTPs are energized when interacting with a broad range of individuals, they thrive in jobs that include teamwork. Fast-paced careers are perfect for them because they despise boredom and monotony. ESTPs excel in sales and marketing jobs because of their good people skills.
Their personality are ideal for first-responder jobs that need quick thinking and swift reactions, such as emergency care technicians and police officers, because they are action-oriented and resourceful.
- Computer support technician
- Police officer
- Sales agent
ESTPs are not only great at interacting with other people, they have a natural ability to perceive and interpret nonverbal communication. While they are great with people, ESTPs prefer to live in the moment which can sometimes make it hard for them to commit to a relationship. They can sometimes say things that might be perceived as insensitive and may need to put in extra effort to pay attention to their friends and partners.
Want to see something weird and interesting? Click here to see animal facts on Instagram!