Do you know most rabbit can be VERY playful. As playful as they can be, they need you to play along with them. Most bunny rabbits will appreciate a selection of fun and simple toys, such as a cardboard box or empty paper towel roll.
Toys are great for them because each items will help keep your rabbit physically active and prevent boredom. You might want to avoid your bunny friend from boredom. A bored rabbit can be your worst nightmare because it is more likely to become destructive or even depressed, overweight, or worse yet, develop a symptom. Your rabbit may turn to your furniture and other belongings as chew toys or even dangerous things like electrical cords IF it do not have its own set of toys and playthings.
Experiment with a variety of toys to find out what is entertaining to your bunny and continue to provide new toys on a regular basis. You should also consider to buy toys that are safe for rabbits. Better watch out for any soft rubber or plastic materials that can be eaten and may cause gastrointestinal problems or blockages . Any shredding paper or pieces cardboard should be monitored to make sure they are not also ingest .
Rabbit Toys List You May Want To Make
There tons and tons variety of items can make good rabbit toys even though you might not find them marketed as rabbit toys in stores. There are also some things you can use around the house that make great rabbit toys. Be creative and pay attention to how your bunnies likes to play and you’ll probably even find things not listed here that they thinks are toys. Just make sure the items you provide for your rabbit are safe if you stray from this list:
- Cardboard tubes from toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- Paper bags of varying sizes that rabbit can hop in
- Cardboard boxes to make a closed box with two or three rabbit sized entrance holes cut in the sides
- Cardboard concrete forms or large PVC pipes for rabbit tunnels
- Hard plastic cat balls with a bell inside
- Ward plastic baby toys such as rings, links, keys, rattles, etc.
- Knitted ball or doll, safe for rabbit to chew and play around
- Kitty tower (the shorter ones), tunnels, and platforms, rabbits are cats too you know, sort of…
- Small towels, rabbit may use it to wipe the floor sometimes
- Small straw whisk broom
- Straw balls, help rabbit to chew safely
- Box full of shredded paper, caution may needed to avoid rabbit from ingest
- Fresh branches, no pesticide and no treatment
- Dried pine cones
- Rubber balls, Large One
Benefits of Having One
Fulfilling might be the best word to be describe for the activities that make an animal think. A mentally stimulated rabbit is a very happy, hopping, binkying bunny and best bet it can be healthy rabbit. This is why toys for your rabbit is a necessity.
There are a lots of item that make your rabbit pick things up, crawl into and over items, and use their brain to get to treats hidden inside, are easy and fun ways to provide enrichment opportunities. Mazes can be made from boxes, egg crates with treats inside, and also wicker balls with hay poking out of it are all easy options that anyone can do to provide their rabbit with enrichment. Watching your rabbit and how they play, as you can see such a happy, binkying bunny every day.
Want more facts? Click here for more animals and nutrition facts on Instagram!